Senior Back-End Engineer
What is the job about?
As a software engineer you will be part of our development team working closely together with our data scientists. Data science represents the business needs and you can design these needs into a scalable, easy to maintain architecture. Leveraging your skills and ambitions working on our platform means creating solutions with big data tools and frameworks. As a developer you will also be working with more conventional environments and frameworks with scrum/agile methodologies. An all–round, getting things done mentality is what makes our development team great. We need to expand our back-end team to match our company growth.
Who are we looking for?
- +5 years relevant experience
- A good command of the English language (Dutch is a bonus)
- Software engineering background and an interest in data
- Get energy from building back-end, web applications and APIs, such as REST and API design for extensibility and portability
- Higher education (HBO) or University education (WO)
- Design, develop and implement unit and scenario testing for existing code base and for new functionality under development
- Experience with devOps tasks and managing small-moderate size server park is a plus
Who are we?
As an independent marketing analytics company we help big European advertisers to effectively allocate their media spend. What differentiates us? We offer a platform (software), where the advertiser has access to daily insights of strategic and practical value. Together with our strong data science team we train the key stakeholders to understand and work with the platform. We are the market leader in the Netherlands.
Why work with us?
We are a young, no-nonsense, Amsterdam-based company with a smart, forward-thinking team that have a passion for their field of expertise. We are output-driven, which allows freedom and the ownership of projects. We have a flat hierarchy and operate based on logical procedures to minimize overhead and focus on what counts; personal- and team development. On the career page you can get an impression of the team and fun activities we do together!
Interested? Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org